Heatmaster g100 or heatmor 100css

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonh

Jul 10, 2014
ne ohio
I have a dilemma. I found a heatmor 100 css on Craigslist for $2350. Comes with 17' of chimney and some other stuff. I also found a heatmaster g100 for $4000, I will still need to get some extensions and a pump. Both will do the job for my application. My question is, should I go the "cheaper" route with the heatmor or spend the extra money and get the gasification boiler? From what I read both are great boilers respectively. I do like the smokeless burn from the heatmaster. Smoke will be somewhat of an issue for me considering I live inside a village, but there is no ordinance against any boiler where I live. I checked before. My heart says get what you want and buy the best if your spending the money. But my brain is saying the cheaper cost of the setup will help the bottom line. I'll be happy with either because I won't have a gas bill but just want to make the right decision. Please no responses of "well you have gas, why burn wood". I'm past that. No bills are good bills.

New G100 hands down if you can afford it. This coming from one of the cheapest people you'll meet. My story is when I was younger I bought a hardy h4 owb for $500. It worked fine but ate wood and smoked a lot. I would never consider a conventional owb unless all your neighbors are 300+ feet away. Last year I was able to buy a heatmaster g200. I can't imagine burning a conventional again. I went from 13 cords to 7.5. The heatmaster is very well made and the company is top notch. They are actually paying for the dealers to come around and fix a couple small items they changed on the 2015s. Can you imagine any other boiler company upgrading their older products to the newer design? You will be disappointed with the heatmor in1-2 years. You won't be disappointed by the g100

Thanks Honda. It's a 1 year old boiler. I guess the dealers brother bought it and burned 1 season. He worked alot and traded it in for a coal burning boiler. So it's basically a new boiler for more than half off. I just can't find too much info on the heatmor's smoking to really give it a good consideration. I know a heatmaster has hardly any smoke.

The amount of smoke produced by te heatmor will directly relate to the moisture content of the wood and the amount of idling it does. The g100 will make no smoke at all as soon as you have a coal bed established. Like I said if you hae the money for the gasser don't even think about the heatmor anymore. The g100 at 4000 is a steal anyway. Much better built than the heatmor and a better company.

Status
Not open for further replies.