1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Heat'rs brand Densified energy logs

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by JAred, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babalu87

babalu87 New Member

Loc:
    middleborough, ma.
    .... and you live right where you can buy them for $200 a ton :(

If I can get hold of a trailer it would probably be worth my while to drive down there for a ton, everyone in Mass has them priced like they belong in Ft. Knox
    They would stack nice and neat in my basement and I bet they last for quite a while too.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DonCT

DonCT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Yea, if I had a trailer, I wouldn't even think twice about not having them deliver. I could just pick them up on my way home ;)

I might pick up just one pallet for the winter, just to give them a good burn.
  3. sparke

sparke Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine
    I live in Maine and I just purchased 2 ton @ $300 per.
    If they really do compare to 1 1/2 cord of hardwood that makes the price comparable. Seasoned wood sells for $220 a cord in my area. If you can find it. I am looking foward to increased burn times as I am away from my house 8-10 hours at a time. Yes I can get 10 hours burn time with wood but 4 of those 10 hours will be low heat...
    I'll post my opinion on these babies later this fall...
  4. BioPellet

BioPellet New Member

Be sure to load your stove as per directions found on our brochure or web site. Please give me feedback on how they burn for you. BR Thomas
  5. BioPellet

BioPellet New Member

I'm not familiar with this stove. tell me more about it..
  6. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Coaster, have you gone through a heating season with a VC Aspen yet? I'd like to know how you like the stove. It's an attractive stove, and I like the idea of firebrick interior vs cast plates like in the Jotul 602, since over firing can cause the plates to warp.

I've heard some folks have problems with these if draft is poor.
  7. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I didn't know that VC thermostatically maintained the secondary air, similar to my Intrepid and Encore. I thought they only used it on their Cat stoves? That's a nice feature. VC told me they were dropping the Intrepid Non cat stove from its lineup this year
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.