Heat'rs brand Densified energy logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DonCT said:
My thoughts exactly :)

.... and you live right where you can buy them for $200 a ton :(

If I can get hold of a trailer it would probably be worth my while to drive down there for a ton, everyone in Mass has them priced like they belong in Ft. Knox
They would stack nice and neat in my basement and I bet they last for quite a while too.

I live in Maine and I just purchased 2 ton @ $300 per.
If they really do compare to 1 1/2 cord of hardwood that makes the price comparable. Seasoned wood sells for $220 a cord in my area. If you can find it. I am looking foward to increased burn times as I am away from my house 8-10 hours at a time. Yes I can get 10 hours burn time with wood but 4 of those 10 hours will be low heat...
I'll post my opinion on these babies later this fall...

Coaster said:
BioPellet said:
Be sure to load your stove as per directions found on our brochure or web site. Please give me feedback on how they burn for you. BR Thomas

What is the maximum burn time you think you could get out of a Vermont Castings Aspen?

Coaster, have you gone through a heating season with a VC Aspen yet? I'd like to know how you like the stove. It's an attractive stove, and I like the idea of firebrick interior vs cast plates like in the Jotul 602, since over firing can cause the plates to warp.

I've heard some folks have problems with these if draft is poor.

I didn't know that VC thermostatically maintained the secondary air, similar to my Intrepid and Encore. I thought they only used it on their Cat stoves? That's a nice feature. VC told me they were dropping the Intrepid Non cat stove from its lineup this year

Status
Not open for further replies.