HeatTrak brand electric snow melt mat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

granpajohn

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2007
Central Maryland

Attachments

• Heattrak.jpg
    Heattrak.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 234
50 bucks for one tread ??? Damn that could get expensive for a house like mine (raised ranch). I just use rock salt, but then again I am a cheap SOB.

Shawn

You need those for MD? Wow! i have never seen anybody in the northeast with those??

Gulp... Well...
The location is a northside brick 2 step which takes a drip as long as there is snow on the (equally northside) roof. Entering the world's most poorly designed door. The most used door in the house, by both man and beast. As to the temperature...The step sees no sun from Oct-April. Once it is frozen, it stays that way. Admit it is a shorter winter here, but it is still a problem for about 5 weeks a year.

If it was a normal concrete step, at a normal doorway, it wouldn't be much problem.
If the house was well designed with normal eaves, back porch, etc...it would be fine.
If the dogs didn't come through here dozens of times each day, it could probably be salted without much mess into the house.

I happen to have electric service right next to this door. This little mat would be perfect...If it works.
I also guess that the dogs might sit up on that mat for long periods of time, surveying their domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.