Heavy Duty double sink 1-1/2 inch waste pipe connector that will last???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yeah i only use it to protect hot water pipes in uninsulated attic space in small basement walkout addition. I wish we moved that small run of iron pipe under the ceiling and had them exposed rather that leaving them in the small attic space. Bad move by us. But i still do need heat for the whole house when i'm away, which is a few weeks a year in winter.
You can wrap the pipe in the attic with heat tape and insulation and connect it to a T-Stat so if it gets below freezing the heat tape will come on automatically.
I did that in 2 of my neighbors un-Heated garages so their pipes would not freeze and they have had no freezing in many years.
The tape is really not on very long so it does not take much electricity at all!

You can wrap the pipe in the attic with heat tape and insulation and connect it to a T-Stat so if it gets below freezing the heat tape will come on automatically.
I did that in 2 of my neighbors un-Heated garages so their pipes would not freeze and they have had no freezing in many years.
The tape is really not on very long so it does not take much electricity at all!
That's a good idea. It's not really a big space, I'd have to cut out the ceiling in the remodeled kitchen. Don't think the wife will go for that. And the reason i left that space untouched is i'm sure there is asbestos from decaying pipe wrap all over the space. I'd much rather not open that can of worms. Antifreeze in the pipes could maybe be a solultion?

Reactions: Don2222