Heavy Winds and rain today...tree down!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some pretty good winds and rain today. It took down a big tree in the back yard. Thanks for the help Lord!
Tomorrow I will buck it up and get it ready for the splitter and off to the pile it goes! Black Locust...nice heat! Oh yeah!

I had that here too. There was a standing dead oak that I knew needed to come down but I did not need the wood yet so I was leaving it stand. Mother nature took it down for me today, so I will be cutting it up later this week when things dry here. It was only maybe 10 in diameter but the bark was mostly off and it is hard like a rock, good burning too.

We had real high winds as well.. Maybe i will peruse the woods :)

High winds and rain here too. I got my neighbors all conditioned to collect their tree scraps in their yards and I go pick them up. Obviously, I get nothing big, but the dead branches that fall to the ground are so dry that they instantaneously light when starting a fire...... best kindling around !

Status
Not open for further replies.