Hedge burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missouri Frontier

Feeling the Heat
Feb 5, 2013
NW Missouri BFE north of KC
I have a bunch of Hedge. CSS in march and April. I have a blaze king cat stove. Can any of you guys that have burned hedge tell me an approximate seasoning time for it. The stuff seems much drier off the stump than the oak, hackberry and shagbark I cut at the same time.

A moister meter? Never burned it, some here as tree lines. Try in a year report back. I guess it be one hot fire when dry. Those trees are taken before I can get too them. Stuck w/Ash & maple poor me:cool:

I haven't burned any yet, but last fall (late Sept.) I got some in a delivery of purchased firewood. When it arrived it was soaking wet, like it had been sitting in a puddle for months, but it is already so much lighter that I have to think it will be ready this year.

It will be OK for this winter...really needs a full year when cut green to be great.

Thanks guys, planned to get a moisture meter. Guess I'll give it a year I was hoping to cheat the wood pile gods. Guess not

Status
Not open for further replies.