Hedge (Osage orange)? What is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hedge trees don't blow down, they are the Chuck Norris's of the tree world. Hurricanes go around them and blow down Oak's and other soft woods.:)
It was Mulberry, and it uprooted. However there is a tree at the end of my road that appears to be OO and there are several broken limbs from where another tree fell on it. I will be getting those broken pieces as soon as the snow on the shoulder of the road is clear and I can get it safely

The stuff is tougher than woodpecker lips and burns steel bending hot. Best bow wood you can get also. Gotta love it
Nice tiller on that stick;) welcome to the board! Great guys on here, similar to the PA site

I can honestly say as an archer, that I would love to make my own bow someday. Problem is not having enough time to do everything I want to do. I'm glad someone can do it though!

Reactions: osagebow
I can honestly say as an archer, that I would love to make my own bow someday. Problem is not having enough time to do everything I want to do. I'm glad someone can do it though!

The Primitive Archer site will get ya there. - Cut a few staves and get them drying. Mine stay in the stove room in winter and attic in the summer. When someday comes you'll be ready!

The Primitive Archer site will get ya there. - Cut a few staves and get them drying. Mine stay in the stove room in winter and attic in the summer. When someday comes you'll be ready!

Thanks! I'll look that one up! If I can find it again, I’m there!

Reactions: osagebow
Thanks osagebow for the welcome. Nice tiller on yours also, the one on my avatar is black locust, but we don't want to start a forum for another site, or do we? Lol . I like using the shavings from hedge to start my stove talk about quick and hot it'll do it everytime coals or not

Status
Not open for further replies.