Hedge your pellet purchases

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to factor energy costs into the manufacturing process. These will continue to increase along with inflation. I see nothing but bigger energy costs, dead ahead.
If the price in pellets spike where they become unaffordable, I will go with a conventional stove and cut trees down. Whatever it takes to stay warm and not go broke.

BillM2 said:
I'd expect discounting going on towards the end of the season.

Manufacturers don't want to keep their stock for another 10 months or so. Too risky.

I sure am hoping to snag 3 or 4 tons.

I usually like to end the winter/heating season with 4 tons as hedge for the coming year. I plan to stock up at the end of Feburary or early Spring, seems like suppliers like to drop prices once the season ends. I buy pellets in the winter when I can find a deal, usually pick 20 bags at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.