Height requirement for bottom cleaning chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkoltai9

Nov 23, 2014
Oxford, MS
I'm planning an install with a rear venting wood circulator sends a horizontal stove pipe to a Tee inside a large fireplace, with rigid or flex chimney liner going to the top of the masonry.

The stove outlet pipe is about 2 feet up off the ground. This means the Tee is also about 2 feet up of the ground. Can that Tee be accessed and cleaned or does the Tee need to be higher up to actually get a tool in?

I use this one: http://www.gardusinc.com/sooteater.html It has pretty flexible rods. When I push them up through my insert I am not off the ground by much more than 2 ft. I guess it would also work in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.