Heizomat wood Chip boiler - Videos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PassionForFire&Water

Minister of Fire
Jan 14, 2011
Billerica, MA
www.caluweinc.com
Per another posting by Nofossil on burning wood chips, below a video (by Everlast Energy - UK) on the working concept of Heizomat wood chip boilers.

Output range:
Woodchip boilers (HSK-RA, fixed rotating grate): from 15 to 200 kW
Biomass boilers (RHK-AK, moving grate): from 30 to 990 kW
The RHK-AK does handle Miscantus grass as a fuel and probably "chit" as well

Will look also for the movie on the rotary valve that cuts steel nails. 16D no problem

The rotary valve acts as a fire stop and cuts anything that is to long, including 16D nails and #4 rebar

The rotary valve also would act as an air lock so the combustion air could be controlled with more precision.

Very cool. I think Orlan also makes (made?) a commercial scale chip burner that's a true gasifier. I suspect it's hard to build all that chip handling hardware without getting into fairly stratospheric prices. I'm still think about residential scale approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.