Helko Splitting axes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jensent

Apr 22, 2010
central Ill
Has any one used the Helko Tomahawk or Vario 2000 with either or both the 2300 (5lb) and/or the 1600 (3.5lb) heads. The heavy head is not currently available until December. The Granfors large splitting axe has a 3.5lb head and sells for $119. Both Helko axes can be had with the 3.5lb head for about $60. I was hoping someone had used one of the Helko axes with the 3.5lb head and could give me a review. If you have used the helko axes with both 5lb and 3.5lb heads it would be even better. An extra head sells for about $20. Heads can be switched by removing and replacing two bolts.
Thanks
Tom

Ive never heard of Helko. Most of us on here use the Fiskars Super Splitter which sells for $35-40, or are still using a maul. I have a FSS and its awesome.

I too have the Fiskers Super Splitter and think it's a great tool. I also have a 27T Oak and Iron splitter w/9hp Honda. Gave up on mauls a long time ago. Splitting axes allow me to get some exercise.

Helko has been around for quite a few years. There has been discussions on this site in the past about them (you may want to try and search for the older threads). If memory serves me correctly, the axe was a fine piece of equipment, but I think the common response was a bit pricey when compared to the equally built Super Splitter.

I have never used a Helko - just trying to relay what little I do know about it.

Niiice. Another place for my hard-earned cash to end up. :coolgrin: Product line looks very good,with reasonable prices for the quality IMO.

AxeMaster said:
Well, for those of you guys who haven't heard of helko, you might want to check them out. I'm the owner of helko North America (www.helkonorthamerica.com). For the first time, the entire helko product line is being distributed by us, here in the U.S.

Before you start splashing your link around these forums in posts, you might want to review the forum guidelines regarding advertising. Rick

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewannounce/74515_2/

AxeMaster said:
Sorry Fossil, I didn't mean to break your rules. I just came across some chatter about helko axes on your forum and got excited. They aren't sold in the U.S. and I just started up a distributor that now brings them in.

I hope I didn't come across as splashing my link. Would you like me to take it down?

Nope, just read the rules and abide by them. Any questions, or if you'd like to become an official paid advertiser, contact the Webmaster directly by PM. Rick

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/what/1/

Status
Not open for further replies.