Hell yeah, we're burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
Had to happen sooner or later. Wife built her first fire of the season this morning. Rick

Attachments

• burnin.jpg
    burnin.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 858
Holy Moly !!

It's 73 here !!!

wow! do you normally get snow this time of year?

Too much snow too early for me, I best stay put in Alberta. We broke records here last week of +33*C! Much cooler here this week, but none of that "white sand"

It's early for a first snow here, but not unheard of. Won't last...we'll be back up into the 60's (F) in a day or two. Our serious snow season doesn't usually get into gear until late November. Just a blip to remind us that summer's really over, I guess. It was pretty to wake up to, then it turned into a heavy, slushy PITA. It'll be gone tomorrow...at least for a while. Rick

I get cold just looking at that picture.

And I was just about to complain about all the rain we're having here in Michigan. You can keep that white stuff! At least for another few weeks if you don't mind...

fossil said:
Had to happen sooner or later. Wife built her first fire of the season this morning. Rick
Just saw Bend on the Today show this AM. Great spot for snow. You can have all of ours. Be safe.
Ed

stee6043 said:
And I was just about to complain about all the rain we're having here in Michigan. You can keep that white stuff! At least for another few weeks if you don't mind...

Go ahead, complain. Won't do you a darn bit of good, but you might feel better. Pretty tired of it myself.
Wife told me earlier today that she heard we have a CHANCE for snow sometime late this week. If this rain turns to snow, we'll get buried in it.
Got our first snow last year in mid Nov., caught me a little off guard. I'm WAITING for it this year!!

Dave

I wish we could get snow like that here. (Vancouver, Washington) Last year was an exception, but I LOVE the cold weather; especially now that we have the new wood stove.

They're forecasting light snow here for Sunday night. Cold weather I don't mind, I actually prefer it. Snow I could live without. I used to like it until I grew up and it became work. A little between Christmas and New Year is ok, then it can go away!

I have fired up my woodstove a few times already...

We have unjustified fires all the time. Using wood left over from last year helps. Alot of nights we'll have the windows open. All it has to do is get near 40.

Had some frosts already. I'll bet this year we get slammed, last few seasons were wet ones.

That is a nice place btw.

My new job includes plowing snow in four communities. We'll see how that plays out....

Status
Not open for further replies.