Hello All!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiffy1

Nov 13, 2008
SD
Only had to fire up the garage once so far, but thought I should at least stop in and say "hi!"

I'm just a few months into a new job, so not too much time for hobbies let alone forums, thus I don't expect to be too active this year, but if anyone want's to know the ideosyncracies of the Shanandoa round stove, or heating a hobby garage I know there is plenty of knowdledge here already, but feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to jump in for a bit.

Thanks to all who steered me toward modern standards on my install - even against my costs protestst; I know that garage was heated many years with all sorts of weird configerations in single wall pipe, but being able to fire hard and know it was safe was near invaluable - knowing my insurance agent said "no problem" was invalable.

Had to drop a few birds out of the flue [I thought my cap was screened, but guess not] for a bit smelly surprise; else a great fall fire up a few weeks ago.

Souped up the 361 just a bit with a muff mod, liked the results, but still should tach it before running it too much.

Thanks again all!

spiffy1 said:
Only had to fire up the garage once so far...

Bet that got the neighborhood's attention. ;-) Good to see ya. Stop in every once in a while.

BrotherBart said:
spiffy1 said:
Only had to fire up the garage once so far...

Bet that got the neighborhood's attention. ;-) Good to see ya. Stop in every once in a while.

Out here, I'm not sure dymanite would draw attention, but glad a good fall fire up does on Hearth: Thanks BrotherBart! I really should stop by more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.