Hello and a new to me stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vladig

Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2010
Illinois
Hello all,

Just bought a house with a stove in the basement family room and i have to say that it is definitely interesting and frustrating at the same time to say the least :)
From what i have been able to find online it is a Haugh's model S273E made in 1971 ( any one have any info on this brand) but it does look to be in great shape overall the glass is clean and it burns nice now that i have been able to figure out how to get it going :) Well that is all just thought I'd say Hi and as in most internet forums. Pictures or it did not happen.

09.50.47.jpg

P.S. Pay no attention to the laminate flooring ( not my idea and definitely not my shady workmanship) its on my list of things to fix.

Welcome vladig. If it's an old smoke dragon, looks to be in good shape. My only concern is the single wall connector pipe clearance to the ceiling. 18" is required and it looks more like 10".

Ha well now that i look at the back of that sticker i do see the hand printed date of manufacture date, however right above that there is a EPA comply with July 1990 particulate emissions :) So i guess i just learned something already LOL

Welcome to the forum vladig. Stick around and you'll learn even more and we can also learn from you.

Welcome to the forum . . . what do you find "frustrating" and what do you mind hard "to get going" . . . if you explain this a little more we may be able to offer some suggestions or tips . . . for example, if you find lighting the fire to be difficult we can perhaps suggest using the top down method . . . if you have a problem with smoke and have a draft issue we may be able to suggest short-term or long-term solutions such as pre-heating the flue and chimney or adding a length of pipe to your chimney.

I think you done got yourself a decent stove. Can you confirm or deny if that is single wall or double wall connector pipe? I am having difficulty in distinguishing it. If single wall - as BG stated - you might want to get some measurements. Sometimes a simple heat deflector can fix things.

Welcome to the show...and by all means, if you are having operational problems, this is the place to get answers.

Edit: I see the tell tale signs of the expansion of the pipe where it connects to the stove. It appears to be single wall. Good eye BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.