hello, everyone. looking for some answers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyblack

Mar 7, 2015
indiana
can someone help me , I have a napoleon 1400 , and have been using it for about five years . I burn it from mid October thru mid March 24/7. THIS year I noticed a difference in the way it burned the wood , not as good. I have not done anything to this stove except clean the flue twice a year. I do have a couple cracked bricks and the baffles at the top are a little distorted , but still in one piece. I did remove the stainless steal manifold on top and there wasn't a gasket behind it, do I really need a gasket for this manifold, and if so what does it do? it seems like the secondary air chamber is not working right, can it get clogged ? this stove worked great for all these years and just went south for the winter, not a good time to go south .

The gasket keeps the secondary air from escaping before it can flow into the manifold and be distributed into the fire. Yep, ya need it.

Welcome. When was the chimney last cleaned? Is there a screen on the chimney cap and if yes, has it been checked for clogging?

well I never saw one in it and I purchased the stove new, and it work great . Do they just fall apart after a few years?

I keep an eye on the flue it s not clogged at all straight pipe no bends and just cleaned it thinking that could be problem

I keep an eye on the flue it s not clogged at all straight pipe no bends and just cleaned it thinking that could be problem
Just checking. With the hard winter, flue cap screen plugging has been a common occurrence.

Is the wood any different? Has its moisture been checked?

Any changes to the house that could affect draft (improved air-sealing, new windows, etc.)? Do you have less of a problem when you open a nearby window?

Did you check the screen for clogging when cleaning the chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.