Hello from Northwest Georgia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSoko

Mar 17, 2015
Pine Log Georgia
Hello Y'all,
I'm Joey from Pine Log, Georgia
Just retired in May '14 from the Plumbers & Pipefitters Union Local 72, and already found out retirement isn't all is cracked up to be, I think I need to find something to do; I stay bored a lot.
I'm a 'Nam' Vet. '69-'70
Got 2 old Harley's and just bought a Honda Foreman & Drive a FORD Truck.
I Love to Hunt & Fish.
Well that's about it, other than chomping at the bit waiting for Turkey Season on Saturday.

I'll read all the rules & info first, then I have some questions to discuss.
Thanks for having me.

Reactions: Mackj
Welcome to Hearth.com.

Welcome. Do you heat with wood or are planning to? What stove setup is you heat with wood now?

68-70 in RVN myself.

I forgot to mention
I have 2 back to back fireplaces one inside the main room and the other outside on the covered deck
I describe them as contractor grade prefab wood wasters
the past two winters had me using the inside one almost nonstop for 10 days
This is soon to change

I think there's no such thing as retirement. Provided your enjoyed your work, it's like a hobby. And when we "retire" we pass from one hobby/pass time to the next. I know I have 10000 things to do when I retire and I am 25 years away!! There's tons of things I want to do that I can't do right now ( 2 young kids, work full time, take care of a house).

Welcome to the forums!!!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.