Hello from South Florida

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiefebuary

Hearth Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
South Florida
Hi everyone. I didn't see a specific intro section so I hope I posted this in the right place. I figured I should introduce myself before I start a barage of questions. You may ask why a South Floridian is interested in wood stoves and fireplaces.....Well, I have always been interested in fireplaces, etc. and plan on having them in my house when I retire to Arkansas. Retirement is still 5 to 10 years away and I am still in the baby stage of designing the retirement home. However, the recent dip of temperatures into the 30 degree range (believe it or not, I actually am in Florida) has lit the fire (so to speak) under me to start researching various types and designs. That has landed me here. I'm looking forward to gleaning a lot of information from this site and will probably ask a lot of questions since I have no clue but I promise to use the search function first!

I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale.

Florida is currently experiencing their equivalent to an ice age right about now. Enjoy it while it lasts!

get a small jotul or moroso stove like jotul black bear, set it up in fla. what do u have to lose use it on cold nights.

Welcome to the forums! Yes, there's much to be gleaned from the members here that might be of use to you. Thinking about wood heat during the initial design phase of your home is a luxury that relatively few of us ever get to experience. It should be fun. Looking forward to following the process. Again, welcome! Rick

By the time you buy, the tax credit may be 110%...

You need a new keyboard.

And welcome, btw.

HehHeh . . . I used to wonder why anyone from South Florida would need a woodstove . . . but after having "met" one Floridian here who mentioned the temps and then seeing the frozen oranges and frost-killed squash on the TV news last week I have no doubt that a woodstove would make a fine addition . . . even in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.