hello new here and have a ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfgmt

Feb 22, 2010
maine
I bought a 55-shp10 about a week ago on clearance at lowes. I have been using it for a few days now to see how it heats, I have not run it all night yet but I start it at about five in the morning run it at 4-4 till it gets to about 70 than turn it down to 1-3 i am heating a little less than 1000 feet and even at that setting it drove me out of the house yesterday with the premier pellets I used it got to about 82 temps about 30 outside, after reading about trying other brands to see what burns best for you I tried lg today and it is only getting to about 76 same temp outside so is the premier a better pellet?

just means that your stove likes them better ever stove is differnt and like differnent fuel

FWIW, one week and 4to5 bags of pellets is a little too soon to get an idea of which pellets are best. Give it some time, make notes on outside temps,stove settings,inside temps taken from the same place...to be as consistant as possible. After doing this and evaluating your findings then trying different pellet brands and doing it again you will get a better idea of what works and what doesn't. Hope this helps, search and read around this forum, there is awealth of knowledge here.
Andy

thanks guys I'll do that, funny thing i went by home cheepo tonight and said why not stop in and buy a couple of bags of the stuff they sell just to see how it burns its called fireside ultra, when I got home i looked to see where it was made and I find out it is premier pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.