Hello. New to the forum and new to wood burning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bighappy

Sep 29, 2006
Hey all. Im new to the scene so Ill be bombarding you all with questions sooner or later. I just installed a wood burning fire place and have had a number of successfull fires. The trim work is not done on it yet but I couldnt resist firing it up. My parents were big time out doors type when I was a kid so the sound and smell of a wood fire brings all those memories back. My wife thinks Im nuts, but I can sit on the couch and just stare at that fire for hours. I talked her into buying it to help heat the front part of the house and shed off some of the sky rocketing expense of natural gas. So, thats my short story and Im glad to be here.

Howdy and welcome to the site. Look forward to helping you with any questions you may have.

One thing I demand of all new members is a HEARTH PHOTO!! haha

Thats cool. Im picking up my first digital camera this weekend(finaly moving into the new milinium). May take me a couple days to figure out how to post the pics though. Im a slow tech learner.

Welcome aboard. Just wait till your wife see's the pile of wood your going to have in the yard. Once you start getting questions like: Don't you have enough wood? Or Why are you still splitting all that? Tell her to call 1-800-wod-pile...It's the wood burners support line. The recording simply says..."I'm sorry, we're not here to take your call right now, but if you think you have enough wood, you don't...Go get more...If you don't think you have enough wood, please press 1 and you'll be connected to the next available wood supplier in your area. Have a nice warm day."

Well I actualy started collecting wood BEFORE I got the thing installed. Ive got a stack between a fence and our shed on 2 sides about 4 feet tall . Yeah, Im already looking at all the trees around here and thinking "hmm, which one comes down next?".

Hello Happy and Welcome, my name is Greg and I have been an addict for over a year. :cheese:

bighappy said:
Unfortunately my oldest is only 7.

My brother was a serious firebug at that age, a little dangerous even. Many decades later and he still is. Fortunately he's much safer now unless it's around 4th of July.

BeGreen said:
bighappy said:
Unfortunately my oldest is only 7.

My brother was a serious firebug at that age, a little dangerous even. Many decades later and he still is. Fortunately he's much safer now unless it's around 4th of July.

Sounds like you are talking about me except I started a little sooner...

Welcome to the fourm. There is a lot of great people here that can help.

ditto what was said above. Welcome aboard...

Am closing in on having completed wood for 3rd winter out hopefully this weekend...the Mrs. did say do we have enough yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.