Hello. Newbe with some kind of stove??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

judgemint

Oct 26, 2009
washington state
Hi, hows everyone. cool site. I got this stove a couple years ago from a guy for free. I know nothing about it, but would like some info on it . I just seen one exactly like it on craigslist for 400. it says its a lopi pellet/wood stove??? I have used mine in the shop(24x36 uninsulated) and it works OK. I just noticed half of those firebricks inside are gone. If I just use pellets it doesn't do to good. so I get the pellets going and then i put a duraflame log in(nitrous stick) i set it on a couple pieces of 4x4 angle iron on each side so its 3-4 inches above the fire box, then it picks up quite a bit, and i have one of those heat exchangers in the stovepipe. but like I said just the pellets i cant get it going real well?? is there a way to get this bad boy tuned up to work better?? is this a pellet/wood stove?? also I cant figure out how to dial it in with the timer box?? and it runs off a relay so its constantly ticking, there's a large round dial with a smaller dial in the middle of it. I know nothing of pellet stoves. Also Ive noticed lately when i plug it in it now takes a few minutes before the fan will start running?? the attachment is the one on craigslist but is identical to mine. thanks in advance to any help D

Attachments

• 3k73mf3p95Ob5Q15S59ao3b090d71fd471d10.jpg
    3k73mf3p95Ob5Q15S59ao3b090d71fd471d10.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 221
based off of the size of the flu on top this is CLEARLY not a pellet stove. that is a freestanding pedastel wood stove. pellets will do no good in that unit!!!!!!!! what you need are wood splits, typically 16in. to 20in. long. if you get a good bed of coals and throw 2-3 splits in there you should really get some good heat, esp with the heat reclaimer in the flu.

You might want to replace those fire bricks also. Your local cement yard should have them for about $2.50 each.

Matt

I wouldnt burn duraflame logs in a pellet stove. you should move this over to the pellet forum, Im sure more folks over there could help you out.

You should shoot this over to the pellet forum. You have a pellet stove and are burning it in an unsafe manner. Flu size has little to do with the mechanics of the stove. Some of the early pellet roasters used 6" stove rings, but are adapted to 4" flue. There is likely a pellet head who can really help identify and advise you on using it correctly.

Realize, if you were to have a fire and your shop burned down, the insurance company would probably not pay because of misuse of a heating device.

Status
Not open for further replies.