1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Hello newbie here from the south (Whitfield Advantage II T)

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by hambone303, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hambone303

hambone303 New Member

I found this forum last year and used it to research questions I had about my Pellet Stove. I live in the warm southern United States where pellet stoves are few and far between and pellet stove techs are even more scarce. I have learned with help from here, to work on my own..But now I have a dead stove :( Lightning hit my control board and actually burned some of the runs up, and I can not find the parts for it. I have been watching Ebay and hoping just to find a whole stove cheap that I could maybe scrounge parts from. Anyone have a old gray rotary style control board for a whitfield advantage II T insert laying around or links to a new one, or know if another manufacturers board can be retrofitted? Thanks...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
  3. hambone303

hambone303 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the info on the part.
  4. gscreely

gscreely Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    Rather than posting a new thread, my question is related. I have the same control board as OP, and I am pretty certain it is not functioning. The auger light does not come on and no auger action. All the sensors seem to check out good, just leaving the control board. I know if I have to I can get the new digital replacement, but it cost a half a years worth of pellets! Is there any body that refurbishes them, or sells refurbs. They are simple logic boards and I am sure the issue is like a 13 cent diode or something. Is there any hope?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.