Hello newbie here from the south (Whitfield Advantage II T)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone303

Sep 4, 2007
I found this forum last year and used it to research questions I had about my Pellet Stove. I live in the warm southern United States where pellet stoves are few and far between and pellet stove techs are even more scarce. I have learned with help from here, to work on my own..But now I have a dead stove :( Lightning hit my control board and actually burned some of the runs up, and I can not find the parts for it. I have been watching Ebay and hoping just to find a whole stove cheap that I could maybe scrounge parts from. Anyone have a old gray rotary style control board for a whitfield advantage II T insert laying around or links to a new one, or know if another manufacturers board can be retrofitted? Thanks...

Rather than posting a new thread, my question is related. I have the same control board as OP, and I am pretty certain it is not functioning. The auger light does not come on and no auger action. All the sensors seem to check out good, just leaving the control board. I know if I have to I can get the new digital replacement, but it cost a half a years worth of pellets! Is there any body that refurbishes them, or sells refurbs. They are simple logic boards and I am sure the issue is like a 13 cent diode or something. Is there any hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.