HELP!!!! . . .Accentra FS...auger turns but no pellets delivered to burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Good Morning. Woke up to a cold stove with a 5 blink code - failure to ignite. No mystery as to the immediate cause . . . the title says it all. I will add that the stove has sounded a bit different this season, but only on start up.

There has, at times, been a very short (less than a second) squeak every 10/12 seconds and for the first few minutes, before ignition, the stove sometimes sounds like it is laboring, but this quickly resolves once the stove ignites.

I am guessing there is some kind of jam at the bottom of the hopper, which I will empty once kids are off to school - leaving in 10 minutes to drive daughter to train station. Any ideas from the experts here will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like bridging of pellets or a blockage. If not, check the arm that actuates the slide plate to be sure it is working properly.

Take off the rear panel and you should be able to see the auger motor. It has a cam on it that opens the actuator that slides the plate open to drop pellets onto the auger

Take off the rear panel and you should be able to see the auger motor. It has a cam on it that opens the actuator that slides the plate open to drop pellets onto the auger

Thanks...will do. I emptied hopper and discovered a heavy piece of brown paper jammed in out of sight just beyond the plate. Must have been in the bag of pellets . . . and there must be more in the auger shaft. Now the auger no longer turns, so I will have to figure out how to remove the auger. A major problem may be access as the stove is about a foot from the wall, as shown in my profile pic to the left.

Thanks...will do. I emptied hopper and discovered a heavy piece of brown paper jammed in out of sight just beyond the plate. Must have been in the bag of pellets . . . and there must be more in the auger shaft. Now the auger no longer turns, so I will have to figure out how to remove the auger. A major problem may be access as the stove is about a foot from the wall, as shown in my profile pic to the left.
Well grab a large piece of cardboard or a heavy blanket and pull it out so you can get at it. The auger is removed from the rear and you posted earlier that you had a squeak so while you have it out you can clean it with a wire wheel. This will provide you a great opportunity to clean the blower motor down on the bottom as well. Good luck.

Well grab a large piece of cardboard or a heavy blanket and pull it out so you can get at it. The auger is removed from the rear and you posted earlier that you had a squeak so while you have it out you can clean it with a wire wheel. This will provide you a great opportunity to clean the blower motor down on the bottom as well. Good luck.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.