HELP-Breckwell P24- need a control board repaired

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tammid65

Sep 20, 2009
Central Connecticut
I replaced the analog control board in 12/07 on my Breckwell P24 and now it seems to have burnt out again. When hitting the manual feed button to get some pellets to drop I noticed some sparking and flashing on the back of the board. Does anyone know where I might be able to get this board repaired. I have called some pellet stove stores around here and they are quoting $450 for a replacement... That seems like an awful amount of money to put into this. Am I better off going to the digital board? but how much work is it going to be to rewire the whole stove- is it something I might be able to handle? Any input would be greatly appreciated. By the way...the board still seems to be working- just won't shut down. The auger light stays on when I shut it down. But if I unplug and plug it back in it will go off....definitely fried something I would think.

Our stove has the C-E 950 control board- when we hit the manual feed button and high fan button the back of the board is sparking..Something doesn't seem right. Don't think it should be doing this. OK, so the back of the board has the 6 pin white connector and there are also 2 other pins in which there is a wire left to connect to either one of these.. When I switch the wire to the opposite pin..the spark no longer happens but it also appears that the stove is not lighting via the auto igniter. Is that what that pin does? I hope we didn't fry the C-E 950. Shouldn't the convection blower be going to high speed? We just replaced the convection blower. Usually at the E and Max level on the control board, the fan runs at the higher speed. So, what should we do here? Do you think we need a new board or do you know if these could be refurbished? Let me know your thoughts...I appreciate it.

Do a search under Breckwell boards and a member by the name of Pellet Board Controller Repair Man will come up. He has been doing board repairs for many years and has in fact made his own board, digital, for the Breckwell series stoves. He also repairs boards. I have seen his ad on E-bay for $84 for the repair once he gets your board. He is in Canada. I don't know about Breckwells to be able to offer any help with may be going on. Get ahold of the Repairman and see what he has to say. Good luck.

Pellet Stove Controller Board-Repairman

Bkins

Status
Not open for further replies.