HELP! Excessive draft - need more control of burn rate.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take the SBI guy's advice 1st: that aluminum tape handles some prtty good temps.... sure if you stuck a piece to the stove top, it'd crinkle after a while, but for areas like the air intake, it'll stay forever (or untill you peel it off). A damper could be done, but alot more work.. draft is a realtively weak force, don't over think it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a particular key daper to install above my insert? A very short one would be good - I think I will still have to shorten my liner, though. Im a bit apprehensive to cut (shorten) the liner. Has anyone done this with the liner in place already?

i usually only get 3-4 hrs usable heat out of my insert. For one, inserts have to be burned harder than regular stoves because hot air cools down so much faster. I might also do a damper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.