Help for adapter to stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariposawrick

Dec 27, 2014
Mariposa, California
I have a woodstove with 6 inch pipe collar. I bought new double-wall 6 inch stovepipe from DuraVent, including an adapter between the stove collar and new pipe. There is a gap. The new adapter is smaller diameter than the 6 inch collar inside diameter. The old single-wall pipe connector was a tight fit. The stove is a handmade Sundance stove from early 1970's. What can i do to properly adapt the new pipe to the old stove collar? Is there an adapter available? Do I need a custom fabrication? thanks for your help.

One more piece of information. The old stove pipe connector that was fitted into the stove collar is same diameter as the new double-wall pipe, so the pipe will not fit into the old connector; they butt each other due to the same diameter. Until I removed the old connector it seemed as if the new pipe would fit into the collar as tight as the old connector, since the new pipe and old connector butted but would not fit into each other. The gap exists between the stove collar and new pipe.

Have you tried see how the double-wall pipe fits without the adapter? On our stove the DVL pipe fits the stove flue collar like a glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.