help getting my jonsered 625 started

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
Ok well, I was set in changing the ring, but spoke to couple other people. Some have told me that this saw has a vacuum controled motor and if there is a leak it wont start. Some have told me a bad decompression valve would cause it not to start. I have about 110 psi of compression, I have fuel, and spark but wont start. Before I attempt to replace the piston head and ring and it still not start. I am seeking advise on anything else to check to rule any other probably causes.

if you have spark and gas air the only thing left bad decompression vale would only show up after started.How long has it been since its been started?

My Jonsered 2063's are very cold blooded and require a lot of pulls to get them started for the first time. Once warm, they start on the first pull.

sat for about 3 yrs, I have pulled many mant times even shot some starting fluid (ether) down there

You have good spark right?
Dip the plug in gas, and put the plug back in, and give her a yank.
Are you spraying ether in the plug hole or the carb?

kwikrp said:
sat for about 3 yrs, I have pulled many mant times even shot some starting fluid (ether) down there
If you cant get it going on the starting fulid? wow you said your getting spark?

I have tried to spray it both down the plug hole and into the carb, and yes I am getting a good spark

[quote author="kwikrp" date="1226797578"]I have tried to spray it both down the plug hole and into the carb, and yes I am getting a good spark
puzzles me spark and starting fulid something should of happen
Plan B

You must have 0 compression then, is it doing anything on the ether?
Did you try the plug in gas thing?

I am going to try the plug has thing next, but anyone know the proper plug and gap for this saw. I want to check and rule out things. Nothing happens witht the ether the same as the gas, just cranks no attempt to even ignite.

Status
Not open for further replies.