Help! has anyone ever heard of an Olympic Crest?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmermama

Apr 19, 2009
western, ny
Hi,
I have the chance to get a free stove from a friend, its an Olympic Crest, it looks nearly identical to the Vermont Castings "Defiant" model, which is what I was originally looking for. Does anybody know if this is a good stove?
I need an answer quick cause they are removing it this afternoon :ahhh: , due to sale of their house!
Thanks!
:)

Have them look on the back of the stove and see if it's stamped "Made in Taiwan".

Thanks for the info guys! I figure its free and if it doesnt have cracks we should just get it right?! They have been using it for 15 years and say it works great...heres hoping! I really appreciate all the quick responses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.