HELP! high pitched whine tick tick tick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder

It's been a while since I've been here.

I have a Mendota gas fire place - no problems for 3 years. Use a lot in Wisconsin.

Pilot light stays on 24/7

Tonight I get home to a high pitched loud electric whine with a tick tick tick in the background.

Several days ago I noticed the remote did not work which was odd.

I've since turned off the pilot light, shut off gas. nothing worked then - it was gone for 3 hours and now it's started again.

ANY ideas??

?

Hey, Grinder"

<>Got it - remote battery inside the box! sheesh!!! The instruction manual has NOTHING about that!<>

You would NOT believe how many calls I get about that. Beeping from the receiver under the unit.
Too many action films I guess...
"It's beeping! Must be a bomb!"
We give each customer a brief tutorial on use of both the unit & the remote after install,
but most of them have never used an appliance like this before & while you fill their heads with
pertinent info, it's too much to absorb & they give you a "deer-in-the-headlights" look...
One year after install (i.e. next heating season) they can't light their pilots & don't remember how to use
the remote or the fact that most remotes use batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.