Help- how to reset Regency gc60i hi level saftey switch-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pur pony

Nov 1, 2011
Eastern CT
I have searched the internet and cant seem to fine the answer....

according to the manual is reads-

HIGH LIMIT SAFETY SWITCH: If the temperature on the hopper reaches 93°C (200°F), the auger will
automatically stop, the stove will shut down, and it will display a #4 flash code. If this happens, call
your local dealer to reset the 93°C (200°F) high limit switch AND DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF THE
OVERHEATING.

I came home last night to my stove off, i flipped it to manual and restarted it. Left it on manual to heat the house up (i usually run it on auto/thermostat) and it lit and ran fine. Then it went out. When to open the lid and it seemed extremely hot compared to usually. Now when i turn it on the auger does not work and it keeps flashing #4. But i have no idea on how to reset it to see if this is the issue. I called my dealer but being sunday the person i need to talk to is not in yet, and may not be in until tomorrow.

Figuring out why this even overtemped, could it be that i have been lazy this week and the stove was extremely dirty inside? I can it all and tried again before i read about the high limit switch. I also emptied the hopper and auger to make sure nothing was clogging it.

thanks got any input

On the m55 there is a metal plug cover on the right side of the hopper wall, under the control panel. You need to remove the cover to get to the reset. I haven't actually had to do this myself, so not sure what the reset looks like

thank you!!... Found it right where you said and it was indeed tripped. Just reset it and slid the stove back in and plugged it in. Feeding pellets just fine now.

Now to figure out why it over temped in the first place.

Any input if a dirty stove could block the exhaust exit nd cause over temping?

thanks

Overtemps normally caused by the convection blower not coming on, and stripping away heat as necessary. Is the convection blower running?? Or dirty? Prob time to check it, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.