help!!! I just bought a house with a fpx and it needs help..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

787gooroo

Dec 19, 2013
snohomish wa.
i cant even find a p/n or model number...it has a curved top...its a 2001 model i know that..the turn knob on the left lower corner is all rusty that controls the fan...theres no power to the wires..where can i order fireplace extrordinair parts?

You can order FPX parts from any Lopi/Travis Industries dealer. Can you post a picture if what you have?

here it is
fxp.JPG
here's the switch..rusted completely
switch.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What you have is an FPX 36 Elite. The part you need is the fan rheostat, it still has a part of the face mounted to it. With a can of metallic Stove-Bright paint it will look new again.
Look up into the top of the fireplace, it should have a catalyst mounted in the top. Take a pic of that too.

The blower is mounted somewhere on an outside wall. Take the cover off of it and see if it has power. All you will see is a 14"x16" grill. It could be seized up, or missing even.

it wont hurt to change the rheostat but i believe the power goes through the snap stat before it gets to the rheostat i would take the front right brick out .Behind that brick is the snap stat cover remove it and heat up the snap stat with a lighter with the rheostat installed and the snap stat activated the fan should run.If it does not unhook the rheostat and simply connect those two wires together bypassing the rheostat and heat the snap stat again.You may not need any parts.

It also has a door switch that shuts the blower off when the door is opened, it could also be bad.
This all probably sounds a little complicated, but all pretty simple really.

Reactions: begreen
It also has a door switch that shuts the blower off when the door is opened, it could also be bad.
exactly sometimes they get bent and the door dont even contact it well enough to make the switch

there are 2 wires behind where the rheostat mounts that is for an optional summer switch. You can also jump across those wires to bypass the snap stat.

Reactions: xtrordinair
Status
Not open for further replies.