Help, I need a control board for Harman PP38+ .................

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
.............or at least i think i do.
The feed rate dial is not responding as accurately as it always did. It`s not dependable with regards to making contact , kind of like something is loose. I have to jiggle it slightly sometimes to get it to respond when i change the setting.
I`m not sure if a contact spray will be effective or not or if i can get into that control so i`m not holding out a lot of hope.
It`s working presently but this seemingly minor problem started last winter and hasn`t changed any and maybe i should have a new board on hand.
Anyone familiar with this issue and is there a quick fix or do I have to find a Harman dealer to obtain the a board?
Oh yeah, it`s a manual start, no igniter.
Thanks.

How old is your stove? Let us know how you make out.

gfreek said:

Ibcynya hit it right on the nose. It`s a potentiometer on it`s way out. I ordered both pots, one for the fan speed and one for the feed rate. While I have it apart I`ll change em both. For $16 it`s gonna be a cheap and easy fix.
This will be the only repair ever done on the stove.

Gio said:
gfreek said:

Ibcynya hit it right on the nose. It`s a potentiometer on it`s way out. I ordered both pots, one for the fan speed and one for the feed rate. While I have it apart I`ll change em both. For $16 it`s gonna be a cheap and easy fix.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Where are the potentiometer located on the P38.I have a P38 I'm just thinking ahead...
Thanks,
Tony

tony58 said:
Gio said:
gfreek said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Where are the potentiometer located on the P38.I have a P38 I'm just thinking ahead...
Thanks,
Tony

On my PP38+ they are located on the circuit board which is directly behind the feed rate/blower panel on the side of the stove. Remove the 2 screws and the panel pulls down but be careful as the leads are short.. It might be best to remove some rear and side sheet metal to better access the wires/wiring and the control panel (circuit board).

Status
Not open for further replies.