Help ID My Scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loren

Dec 21, 2015
North Minnesota
I found these rounds in our town brush dump so I took a couple loads home and started splitting them. Not certain what I have but some were very heavy to lift by hand. Thinking Maple for some but not certain.

Thanks!! IMG_6358.jpg IMG_6357.jpg

Hope you don't mind, but I gave the pics a little push:
pic1.jpg pic2.jpg

I see some silver maple and MAYBE some ash????

Reactions: D8Chumley
Looks like the silver maple I burn here.

Thanks everyone! I think I will go back and get some more this weekend. Thank you Jags for adjusting the photos. Sorry they are poor quality but I took them this am before sunrise.

I burn a lot of it , good stuff-- soft maple. Easy to split and most people don't want it. Ready in one year split and stacked but I keep mine for 2 years.

If you take the pics with your phone, turn it sideways and they will be correct when you post them instead of sideways. And maple for me too

Agree with the others maple nice wood seasons quick burns nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.