Help ID this insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zufrieden

Oct 23, 2011
SE Wisconsin
:grrr: I am new to the forum and new to wood heating. We just moved and there is a insert in the fireplace. The tags have been painted over and I can't locate any type of ID on it anywhere. I hope someone can tell me what this insert is and how best to operate to get the longest burn time on our wood.

Attachments

• DSC00589.jpg
    DSC00589.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 361
Get some xylene or other paint remover and wipe the tag off. THey're usually stamped so you'll still beable to read it.

What is the slanted piece on top?

AH Ha!

Now THAT is a SQuire Stove - Squire Insert! I sold a heck of a lot of those babies. Blower is in a slip-out drawer underneath.

The damper did say Squire - but that was a small insert which might have feel off.

Anyway, that is the closest I can get. Squire by Cox Manufacturing -
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/23703

Shane said:
Get some xylene or other paint remover and wipe the tag off. THey're usually stamped so you'll still beable to read it.

The slanted piece is the damper handle. I took the tag off and cleaned the paint off. It reads: Caution! may be hot while in operation. May cause severe burns! Do NOT touch. Danger! FIRE!

Webmaster said:
AH Ha!

Now THAT is a SQuire Stove - Squire Insert! I sold a heck of a lot of those babies. Blower is in a slip-out drawer underneath.

The damper did say Squire - but that was a small insert which might have feel off.

Anyway, that is the closest I can get. Squire by Cox Manufacturing -
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/23703

THANKS! Now I just need to research and figure out how to make my wood last a little longer. Thanks for the help. I've learned alot already. BTW, any original fan motors laying around? The motor was making some noise, so I got the replacement. It is an inch taller, so the diverter plate on top doesn't fit right. Now the fan will shut down when it should be running. I'm looking at a way to alter the plate and make it fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.