help ID this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich f

Sep 22, 2013
Hello all, new member here. I bought this stove for $25 and want to get some info on it. All I know is its a Hearth Craft. Anyone have any other info? Id like to see if it had fire brick at one time and where I can find some parts for it. Thanks!

Since you didn't post a picture I can just guess. The only Hearth Craft Stoves I have seen are the old Franklin Fireplace style stoves made in Spain that were sold back in the seventies. Those are cast iron and did not have firebrick.

Yeah i tried to upload one when I posted but it didn't go thru I guess. I'll try again.

Maybe this time lol. Sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_20130922_162111_188.jpg
    IMG_20130922_162111_188.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 568
Yep an old "Franklin". That was my first wood stove and I would never allow one in a house I am sleeping in again. Almost impossible to control and not safety tested or listed.

To answer your question, no firebricks.

Alright, thanks for the insight. Perhaps I'll keep looking. I was going to use it in my garage but my dog stays in there overnight and I work overnight so maybe this won't be so good for that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.