Help Identify this stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpawsstove

Jan 20, 2016
North Carolina
Hello, new to the forum and been looking for some answers on this stove. Got it from my son-n-laws parents which had it for 12 years in there basement. They got it used as well.
It's been well maintained and looks great, only this is has no identification marks or serial numbers anywhere on it. I've attached some pictures for you to view, it may be home made not sure, but would like to know.
It has a nice fan blower on the back and made from thick steel, also it has 2.25 x 4 x 9 inch firebricks (31 total).
Any help would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 131
Seems to be pretty well made. What are the side "vents" for? Looks like it needs firebrick and a baffle to bring it up to 1980 standards.

Yeah we have the firebricks and baffle, just took everything out to clean it up a bit and re-paint. We didn't notice the brass coloring on the door design until after we started to wire brush it to re-paint.
The vent on the top comes from the fan on the back and the side vents are just air outlets and have nothing special about them. There is a screen on the inside of those vents but just for air flow I assume.

For the side vents to vent they would need an air inlet too. Is there a side intake underneath the stove below the vent?

The only air inlet that I know of is the two knobs on the doors, they screw open and close so that I can adjust the air flow. No other vents beside the two on the door and the vents on the sides.

If they are vents they are most likely convective and not tied to the firebox interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.