Help Identifying a Gas Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katethegreat

Jun 2, 2010
Denver, CO
I have a gas fireplace which was installed in my 1993 Richmond home in South Denver, which requires maintenance, but is unidentifiable. The seal on the glass has been breached, and is therefore dangerous to operate. Unfortunately, there is no identifiable make or model anywhere on the unit. (I have removed all of the louvers, and there is neither a plate with make and model, or a hanging plate with make and model.) I had been told that it "might" be a Heatilator, but I submitted photos to their technical service people, and they claim it is not a Heatilator. Without a make and model, I am unable to find anyone to replace the glass or the gasket around the glass.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. I have attached photos of the unit as well.
Katie

Attachments

• Gas FP1.jpg
    Gas FP1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Gas FP3.jpg
    Gas FP3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Gas FP2.jpg
    Gas FP2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 229
It looks like a gas fireplace, not an insert to me. How is it vented? That can help determine at least if its a direct vent or b vent fireplace. It does look very generic. I couldnt even hazard a guess.

alot of units like that used tempered glass, some higher eff. models used neo ceram, like woodstoves. see local glass shop, bring a sample, and template
almost all glass gaskets can be replaced with something like this

Attachments

• glassgasket.jpg
    glassgasket.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.