1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help Identifying a Stove - Duplex Oak 217

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by WestDeerPirate, Jul 5, 2011.

1. WestDeerPirate

WestDeerPirate New Member

Loc:
    Gibsonia, PA
    Hello,

I have a "pot belly" stove that is pretty large and has the name Duplex Oak above the door. The number 217 is on the edge of the rim above this. I have seen a Mity Oak and a King Oak as well. The King Oak that I saw on Google Images also has the 217 above the rim. Does anyone know where these were made and by whom? Also, approx. when was it made?

Any ideas would help.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Greetings. If you can post a picture, that may help with the ID.

Beckwith stoves (the original Round Oak) made a Round Oak Duplex. This might be a spin-off of that design. Maybe get in contact with the Museum at Southwestern Michigan College and see if your model is listed for manufacture by Beckwith.

http://www.swmich.edu/museum/roundoak.php
  3. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Is this the stove that was on eBay? If so, are you the buyer? After seeing the picture I am now wondering if it is a more locally made stove that just called itself an Oak stove?

Attached Files:

4. WestDeerPirate

WestDeerPirate New Member

Loc:
    Gibsonia, PA
    Correct. That is the Stove. I found another marking yesterday too. On the inside of the door it says Oakland Oak 117. So I wonder of the door is original or not.
  5. Redbear86

Redbear86 Member

Loc:
    SE Idaho
    Wondering if anyone could tell me what kinda stove this big boy is, still trying to get the guy to send a pic with the doors close

Attached Files:

6. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Best to start a new thread for that ID redbear. Pics with the door closed may help.
  7. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Give these folks a call or email. They may be able to provide more info on Oakland: http://stovehospital.com/