Help identifying a wood burning insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AdkBah

Jan 30, 2021
Saranac lake New York
Hello all, newly registered but longtime lurker. Wondering if anyone recognizes this insert that a friend of mine has. She’s never been able to figure out how to get the cowl off the clean the blower and I’m stumped as well. It surely needs a good cleaning, and the sweeper services have never offered her such. I’d like to help her out with that if possible. No manufacturer markings on the stove at all, no clear fasteners to remove any of the outside parts. Suspect it to have been installed in the mid to late 1990’s, it does have secondary burn tubes inside.
Thanks for any help you good folks can provide!
B71B3A1D-0276-48CB-8A8A-5FAFC2734146.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, newly registered but longtime lurker. Wondering if anyone recognizes this insert that a friend of mine has. She’s never been able to figure out how to get the cowl off the clean the blower and I’m stumped as well. It surely needs a good cleaning, and the sweeper services have never offered her such. I’d like to help her out with that if possible. No manufacturer markings on the stove at all, no clear fasteners to remove any of the outside parts. Suspect it to have been installed in the mid to late 1990’s, it does have secondary burn tubes inside.
Thanks for any help you good folks can provide! View attachment 273139
Looks like a regency. Just pull the blower straight out there are just 2 friction fit tabs

Reactions: AdkBah