Help Identifying Chimney Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hogosmith

Apr 21, 2013
Waitsburg, WA
Chimney  1.JPG Chimney  2.JPG Chimney  3.JPG Chimney  4.JPG
Howdy,

I'm hoping someone can help me identify my chimney pipe. It looks to me like Simpson Duravent Triple wall. I'm wanting to go up 12" or maybe 24" as the chimney is right at the minimum rise of 24" in the 10 feet from the roofline. (See pictures)

Also, there is n extension piece (non insulated) that goes on top of the chimney, with a 'Chinese hat' style cap. I want to improve this, as this is where the sooty creosote builds up. Does someone make an insulated chimney cap?

Thanks for your input,

John

Looks like just air cooled double wall to me i dont see a third wall. What is venting into it?

Oh ok i couldn't tell you need to find a tag somewhere other wise you will have trouble matching it can you see it in the attic?

sorry i cant help

Status
Not open for further replies.