Help Identifying Jotul Model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioWinter

Feb 21, 2011
Ontario CA
I recently purchased a second hand Jotul Model 3 and I'm having difficulty identifying the specific model. I've found a list of old Jotul Manual PDF's but can't seem to find a manual consistent with the features of this stove. Also the baffle plate appears to be missing. Is it possible that this model did not come with one? I suppose the previous owner was using the stove without a baffle plate. Could this have compromised the integrity of the stove?

Here are some photos:

Front of the stove (notice there is no air intake control on the upper right side)
20141208_185345.jpg

Here's the inside with the lid off

20141208_185254.jpg
Here is the label on the back (no date listed):

20141208_185318.jpg
Here is a shot of the bottom of the stove (I know some versions didn't have ash pans)

20141208_185305.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
An original Jotul 3 would be my guess. It didn't have the baffle that was in the 3TD . Most notably it has the spin wheel draft control.

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 11.43.47 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.