Help identifying pilot problem on Northfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwarre

Dec 18, 2016
colorado
Had some problem with the pilot staying on and constant sparking on my Lopi Northfield. Replaced the TP/sensor unit, and the control module. I now can only get a spark but the pilot will not light. I am ready to replace the valve. Any ideas?

Can you smell gas when the igniter is sparking?
If not, the regulator head on the valve may be sticking.
Try giving it a sharp rap with the handle of a screwdriver.

Can you smell gas when the igniter is sparking?
If not, the regulator head on the valve may be sticking.
Try giving it a sharp rap with the handle of a screwdriver.
I do not smell gas and tried rapping the valve. Don't know if I rapped hard enough, there is not much room to swing.

I do not smell gas and tried rapping the valve. Don't know if I rapped hard enough, there is not much room to swing.

Have you tried lighting the pilot with a gas match? It's possible it's sparking somewhere other than at the pilot.

Most of these things have a timeout on lighting, if it doesn't mostly have to wait apx 5 min. before retrying

Status
Not open for further replies.