Help identifying stove. Owners manual ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rafmt

Dec 5, 2013
North central montana
Was given this stove just to get it out of his garage. It is a very heavy stove. I can't find a manufacturing name any where. The fan speed knob on the control panel is gone. All other pieces of the stove seem to be there. Auger speed is controlled by a rod on the lower left front corner. 2 speed switch ?? There seems to be a couple panels inside the burn area missing. It image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg might be a fun project to get back running. Looks to be a pretty basic stove. Amazes me how heavy it is. Thanks.......

It was left in his garage when the renters left. He never tried to get it running. Just wanted it gone. I have searched every where for a name. No luck.......

If some of the forum members who have worked on a variety of stoves don't chime in with ideas, try going to a pellet stove part supply website and enter info from combustion & convection fans to see what you come up with... Might get you on the path. Good luck with the mystery!

Yeah somebody will come thru that knows what it is. Hard to imagine a pellet stove without an info plate on the back. They all have been made long after the requirements for UL testing and labeling.

It's a 5440 Paragon. It was made with a MFG tag on it. Cira 1993. I have a PDF OM for it if you want. Parts might be hard to come by, also they made a 100 # hopper ext for that unit

EDIT: Blowers, pressure switch, thermo disc can still be had....board/controller .not so much

Last edited:
Reactions: bags
Was given this stove just to get it out of his garage. It is a very heavy stove. I can't find a manufacturing name any where. The fan speed knob on the control panel is gone. All other pieces of the stove seem to be there. Auger speed is controlled by a rod on the lower left front corner. 2 speed switch ?? There seems to be a couple panels inside the burn area missing. It View attachment 142895 View attachment 142896 View attachment 142897 View attachment 142898 View attachment 142899 View attachment 142900 might be a fun project to get back running. Looks to be a pretty basic stove. Amazes me how heavy it is. Thanks.......
The burn pot looks a lot like the one on my 2008 St. Croix Afton Bay.

It's a 5440 Paragon. It was made with a MFG tag on it. Cira 1993. I have a PDF OM for it if you want. Parts might be hard to come by, also they made a 100 # hopper ext for that unit

EDIT: Blowers, pressure switch, thermo disc can still be had....board/controller .not so much

Thanks for the insight. I was very curious myself. The price was right and he could get lucky. Maybe they left it for a reason too?

It's a project stove.....rode hard and put up wet.....What I used to call a basketcase when I was building bikes. If you are good at wiring it could be a fun painless project. From what I heard it was a good producer, I still hear of a few people still using them regular ...just like many things it was how people took care of them

It does need some love and cleaning to get it back in shape. I would sure appreciate an owners manual if you had one. Thanks to all. The knowledge and experience on this forum is amazing.

Ok got it the OM is on the way...there is a parts breakdown in it call 1-800-750-2723 to see if it is still available...if not the parts maybe found with shawn at Mountian View Hearth he is on here too. Oh and a good wiring diagram is in the email also. Good luck. Update as you can please on the progress Thanks

Just skimmed thru the owners manual. It is real close to the stove but not exact. The top of my stove is flat. Half is the lid to the pellet hopper and the front half is a steel plate. My controller board is on the rear of my stove. Might be a different model maybe. ??

or an earlier version....let me research some......The burnpot area is exactly the same(or so I thought) which is what got me to the 5440

I'm currently using the model 5440 and it runs really well, however I believe the owner before me has tweaked the auger speeds manually and I would like to take it back to factory settings if possible, or at least find an explanation on how to set the stove myself. Any help would be appreciated. Currently I have to babysit the stove every 4 hours to ensure the pot doesn't get to many pellets and cause it to overheat.

You might want to start a new thread with your question ? People might not see it hidden in this thread. Owen 1508 would be able to help if you can catch him.
If anybody is interested the above stove is a Pel-tech. Pro warmer model. Still have not been able to find an owners manual yet.

;em I did find the label. It was on the Warnock Hersey sticker toward the bottom of the label.It was semi hidden by the sheet metal cover. Tough to see.

Reactions: Lake Girl
I have one of these ProWarmer units. Does anyone know about parts availability? Specifically, I am wondering about the auger motor. Many thanks.

Most of the pellet stoves share the same gear assemblies. Finding what rpm the one you have and find a matching one 2,4 or 6

The door, hinges, handle, etc look just like a St Croix Auburn or Prescott, and burn pot area seems to have a versa grate type set up. Convection blower is totally different though. Have to wonder if there is a linkage to that brand.

Looks like a fun project.

Status
Not open for further replies.