HELP I'M COLD!!! STOVE PROBLEMS!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clincoln007

Oct 11, 2014
mass
Hi guys. You fixed my Whit and it's running awesome upstairs THANK YOU but my kids rooms are downstairs and my second stove is now not running and it's FREEZING!!! I have another old used stove, it's a Glow Boy FGB1. I got it up and running but barely get warm air out the blower. The fires definitely getting too much air the pellets burn like a blow torch on high and the fire gets almost out on low. The only damper I can find is on the air intake. I've tried completely closing off the air intake and NOTHING changes. I can see on high the pellets dancing around in the burn pot but not hopping out. What can I do? Anything? I'm going to go through 3 bags or more of pellets a day if I keep it on high all the time! I had to use 4 inch instead of 3 inch pipe (it's all I had access to and I couldn't afford a new chimney kit) is this a problem? If it is can I do anything to make the stove work? Thanks again!!

The 4" pipe should not be a problem. It's usually undersized pipe that does. I am not familiar with your stove at all nor mine really as I am new to pellets. Someone should chime in with some help so I am responding to give you a bump up. Hopefully someone sees this that can help you.

Page 28 of the manual goes through settings http://www.dansons.com/pdfs/manuals/manual-glowboy-fs.pdf

Combustion fan speed can be adjusted (fan trim pod - see box on right side of page half-way down) along with the air inlet slide rod (damper). Ensure enough time between changes to note how burn changes....

Once you find best settings for each feed setting, you may want to mark the settings (paint pen, nail polish - color coded).

Let us know how you make out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.