Help In Southern Maine Finding Someone to Clean my Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jameslowemaine

Jul 4, 2009
Southern Maine
Can anyone suggest someone who cleans pellet stoves in the So. Maine (Portland) area? I bought my Englander stove last fall from Home Depot, burned it all winter, and am not super handy with taking things apart (well, that's not the problem, it's putting it back together correctly...)

I bought the stove for a good deal, loved it during the heating season, no problems, but Home Depot in true fashion doesn't provide the service, and nobody around here who sells stoves does the work unless you buy it from them...

The guy who installed my stove, and independent contractor, said he would do the cleanng to (and I was going to watch closely and take notes to do it myself next year) but he recently had back surgery and isn't working....The cold nights in October will be here sooner than I would like...anybody???

I don't know anybody in Maine but that CD that came with the stove could not make cleaning it any simpler. But don't tell those people in Northern Virginia that bought them that. :lol:

BB - Also know as Alternative Heating Services Company, LLC.

Thanks Brother. I have looked at the CD, I guess I can look at it again. To what extent do I really need to take the stove apart and clean it, really? I mean, I was diligent in cleaning out the burn pot and air intake area below and the side stashes on either side of the burn pot, and removed the heavy plate behind the bottom auger and cleaned that every couple of weeks, and emptied the bottom of the stove pipe outside every week or so (basically all of the daily and weekly recommended cleaning), but I have heard and read that that back panel of the stove should be removed at least once a year and the stove kind of cleaned out/vacuum out the "guts" of the stove on the inside. Necessary? Something tells me it is, but i don't want to be messing with elecrical, fans, etc if I can avoid it....but at the end of the day (or end of the heating season, as it were), I want my stove running properly.

Thanks for your help!

The annual isn't that big of a job. Necessary, but not that big of a job. It is a machine. Keep it clean and it keeps you warm. Don't keep it clean and it will have problems and they will be on the coldest day possible.

It is a really a simple pellet stove to maintain. Very few tools and very little time to do the whole job. Any problems that arise just call that number on the first page of the manual and some nice guys will talk ya through it.

If they don't, get on here and give their boss Mike Holton (member id stoveguy2esw) hell. :lol:

sorry i missed your post , was outta town for the holiday. call my shop at 800-245-6489 (8-5 eastern mon-fri) one of my techs will explain what you shold do to complete an annual cleaning. as BB stated the DVD would be a really good start, you may not need any additional coaching after watching , but i keep techs in that office year round to assist our owners. or you can feel free to Pm or e mail me , use the "home" e mail in the summer as i do not spend much time personally in my office in the summer (though i live there in winter) be happy to answer any questions you might have.

i live in the augusta area... i could come down and clean it on the side for you (like a sunday) as i work installing stoves all during the week. drop me a PM if you are interested. we can talk $

Zoobler has a section on their website for installers, but I imagine they probably do cleanings too, or at least can direct you to one in your area......just input your zip code in the first section labeled "installers":

www.zoobler.com/installers.php

I am also looking for an annual cleaning (Auburn, Maine). I have a Harman p43 purchased this fall.

There is a guy who runs a stove shop at the corner of RT 22 and 114 in Gorham who could do your stove, nice folks. Not sure of the name, its a small place near Reynolds. He was selling some oddball brand of stoves but his specialty is installs/service. I do my own, if you get stuck I can help, im in Limerick.

our company services pellet stoves in southern ME, we are located in Sanford You can email me if interested [email protected] we have most gasket in stock (thanks to Mike for his help).

Status
Not open for further replies.