Help! Insert install problem. **UPDATE**

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished!! It took me a long time but I am very happy with the way it turned out. Hope you guys like it..

f_16fnoham_2b2fa45.png

f_16fnoj9m_4cc5fbd.png

Looks very good, way better then before, and I bet you sleep just fine KNOWING it's done right and safe. The number of people I see ask "how much can I fudge this?" scares the bejeses out of me. I can't even imagine how a person can honestly think about fudging something that can kill you and your family.

as far as what you found on the original install, ours was drywall right up to the opening also, but I have the manual, and that is allowed by the company that made our ZC that we removed.

"I can’t even imagine how a person can honestly think about fudging something that can kill you and your family."

Hey, a lot folks still smoke and some don't wear seat belts or use child seats.

Nicely done.

MX, all I can say, is you did a damn nice job!
In the end, even with it being a big OL PITA, you should feel very proud and happy with the end result, which looks 100% better, and is safe.
You did a rel nice job with the stone work. I spent all summer doing cultured stone in my addition, and ran about 45sf short and the cold weather came before I could finish it.
Soon as the spring hits, I will be back at it.

The insert is gorgeous, and the stove just compliments it that much more.
And you saved a ton of cash doing it yourself, and know its done right.
If you ever get to PA, lemme know, I'll buy you a few beers to celebrate that fine job.
Hows it heating for you? You should be real proud!

^ What hog said. Very, very nice! Rick

Thanks to all who gave me advice & encouragement , I could not have done it alone. This forum is a great resource! It was a lot of work & I am glad it is done. Next time it will be a lot smoother now that I know how to do it.

Hogwidz , thank you so much for the kind words!! You really know how to build people up, THANK YOU! I am glad you like it, I hope your stone project turns out even better!

mxvet747 said:
Thanks to all who gave me advice & encouragement , I could not have done it alone. This forum is a great resource! It was a lot of work & I am glad it is done. Next time it will be a lot smoother now that I know how to do it.

Hogwidz , thank you so much for the kind words!! You really know how to build people up, THANK YOU! I am glad you like it, I hope your stone project turns out even better!

How many insert are you planning on installing? LOL
I call it how I see it. You did an awesome job. Standing back and looking at it should be all the buildup you could ever need.
If it turned out like crap, I would have told you that also. LOL
Fine job, some contractors would not have done it right, or as nice. Kudos to you brother, kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.