Help installing stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerline69

Nov 28, 2011
Eastern shore of Maryland
Need help, putting a fisher wood stove in my house I live in a rancher the place were I want to put it there is carpet there know was thinking about putting down flag stone down probably 1" to 2" thick should I put something down on the sub floor before the stone? I know i'm going to have to trim the carpet out,also the wall has a window was giong to block of the window and put up stone vaneer up the wall behind the stove do you think thats a good idea? and was going to run the pipe outside thew were the window used to be threw the stone vaneer. Also does anybody have any sugestions on the clearances?
Thanks for your help

would recommend at least one, probably two layers of cement board down first, to be on the safe side, one layer of Micore board, cement board on top of that, then the stone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 10.04.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 10.04.49 PM.png
    235.7 KB · Views: 264
Status
Not open for further replies.