Help! King 5510 getting Error code 11. not in book

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shannongaunt

Dec 12, 2010
Central IL

Help! I am a new owner of a King 5510 Pellet burner. Had it about a month. I finally had it all dialed in and now all of the sudden I am getting an Error code 11. NOT in the book. It starts up fine gets burning, the fan kicks on and then after about 10-15 minutes of burning. Error code 11 pops up and then it starts the shut down process. I've checked everything, cleaned it, done a reset, the auger is feeding the hopper properly. I am stumped! help. I need to get it back up and running! We are having a Blizzard today!

shandogs said:

Help! I am a new owner of a King 5510 Pellet burner. Had it about a month. I finally had it all dialed in and now all of the sudden I am getting an Error code 11. NOT in the book. It starts up fine gets burning, the fan kicks on and then after about 10-15 minutes of burning. Error code 11 pops up and then it starts the shut down process. I've checked everything, cleaned it, done a reset, the auger is feeding the hopper properly. I am stumped! help. I need to get it back up and running! We are having a Blizzard today!

Please describe your venting starting at the stove and going trough to the cap including the cap?

Also is your vent termination into the wind?

Can't help you on the error code, but it's possible the pressure switch is bad, or the tubing and/or the nipple that it connects to on the other end is plugged with ash. If it doesn't get a pressure reading within about 10-15 min. on most stoves, the stove shuts down.

If you disconnect the 2 wires to the switch, and connect them together and the stove runs fine, then you'll know it's the switch.

Other than that, you'll have to give US Stove a call tomorrow....hope you have another source of heat....you guys are getting slammed!

-------
] ] cap faces down, i don't think its the venting because I havn't had any problems with it until now. It is set on auto. should i try a manual
] setting?
]
]
]
--------

shandogs said:
-------
] ] cap faces down, i don't think its the venting because I havn't had any problems with it until now. It is set on auto. should i try a manual
] setting?
]
]
]
--------

What I'm trying to determine is if you are trying to operate that stove past its ability to provide a proper draft.

That means that your venting be within specification for the pipe size, and that the vent not be into the wind.

imacman is suggesting you jumper the vacuum switch which is a means to rule out venting issues as well.

Just to add to the matter a bit what might work in one weather condition frequently falls apart during other than normal weather conditions.

Wind can cause problems with any heating device that is operating past specification or not installed taking possible weather conditions into account.

i have been trying to figure this out for days, so I don't think todays weather has anything to do with it. i will have to call again tomorrow. I left a message on Friday but they havn't called me back. Thanks!

shandogs said:
i have been trying to figure this out for days, so I don't think todays weather has anything to do with it. i will have to call again tomorrow. I left a message on Friday but they havn't called me back. Thanks!

Just because today's weather might not have anything to do with the problem doesn't mean we aren't on the correct path to figure out the problem.

Pellet stoves refuse to run when they can't establish a proper draft.

Stoves also balk if they have manual reset hi limit switches, sometimes they refuse to even feed pellets right off the bat, and others wait until the stove exits startup before the pellet feed stops.

got it figured out today and I'm back to burning! Still don't know what error 11 was though but at least I'm back up and running. Now I have another question. I want to burn hotter. Since I got this I have just been running on auto. I've been messing with it today. Got draft fan on 5 now and upped the heat range to a 2. on auto the pan was getting full and i was getting clinkers. Any advise? I want to get it a good 71, 72 in here. I live in a big od farm house with tall sealing and open floor plan. I also have been reading about some of you guys bragging on the best pellets, so I need to try another kind. I am burrently burning ProPellet from TSC

shandogs said:
got it figured out today and I'm back to burning!....

Since we tried to help, the least you could do is to tell us what was wrong.

shandogs said:
got it figured out today and I'm back to burning! Still don't know what error 11 was though but at least I'm back up and running. Now I have another question. I want to burn hotter. Since I got this I have just been running on auto. I've been messing with it today. Got draft fan on 5 now and upped the heat range to a 2. on auto the pan was getting full and i was getting clinkers. Any advise? I want to get it a good 71, 72 in here. I live in a big od farm house with tall sealing and open floor plan. I also have been reading about some of you guys bragging on the best pellets, so I need to try another kind. I am burrently burning ProPellet from TSC

When running your stove on auto it actually varies the combustion blower speed and needs its damper fully open. On manual mode the combustion blower runs full out and you control the draft via the damper.

Sorry to dredge up this old thread but I thought that I'd let you know what the solution to that odd error code was, at least for me.

The chimney had a LOT of soot in it. I brushed it out well and the stove started working again with no issue. I can attribute the build up my burning a lot more pellets this year than any previous.

If you get a tr 11 or tr11 error code on your 5510, clean your chimney out.

Status
Not open for further replies.