Help make a leak proof connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolinski

Oct 7, 2008
ny
I will br running the flex pipe down the chimney this saturday.
My set up is stove will sit on hearth in front of fireplace, flex pipe will connect to a T , then connect to stove.
The stove is a Homstead.

My question is the T connector has a pipe that connect to it to form the T, it looks like you tighten a clamp to make the connection. When i dry fitted it , it looked like the connection isnt air tight. What would i put on the joints to make it air tight. Or when I do it , will it become a tight joint. not sure if that makes sense

It sounds like a removable snout T. You could gob the snout up with furnace cement before you slide it in and crank down the band clamp. Otherwise if you crank the clamp down really good any small gaps will soon get plugged up with creosote most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.