Help me circulate my warm air better...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ck632

Nov 10, 2014
New york
Hey Guys Im trying to get some advice on how to circulate the warm air from the room the stove is in to get it to the rest of the house. I attached a pic I quickly drew of the layout of my house. As you can see I drew a pic of the tower fan where Iam trying to blow cold air into the stove room. Do you think thats a good spot? I also have ceiling fans in all the rooms which helps but the problem is that turning hallway leading to the living room where the stove us. Seems like Iam having some trouble getting the air to the rest of the house. Its not cold by any means but looking to disperse the heat better. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. The living room in the back where the stove is much wider than in the pic.

Attachments

• Layout copy.jpg
    Layout copy.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 187
Maybe reverse the direction of your tower fan. The warmer air rises. I'd try a floor fan also to push the cold air towards the stove. The fans will push air in opposite directions.

Make sure the fan is blowing towards the stove. Maybe add another fan at the corner blowing directly at the stove. I have been playing with a bunch of different combos in my house. Tilt the tower fan towards the floor as well so it doesn't disrupt the upper warmer air current comng out of the room. With the single fan you may just be getting turbulent air in the hallway trapping the warm air instead of it traveling through the hallway

The winner always is a small fan on the floor blowing the cold air at floor level into the room with the stove. Sets up a great convection loop. Cold air pulled out of the rest of the house and warm air gets jealous and rushes in to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.